Volunteers are the life blood of the museum! We can always use more – no specialized knowledge needed.
Volunteers are more than welcome! Talk to the Director for more information and to discuss how your skills can be put to best use. For example, one area of need is to operate the front desk and welcome visitors. There are many other areas where help is welcome, from conducting tours, maintaining artifacts and grounds, or assisting at special events. A list of the volunteer opportunities follows below:
Volunteering: A rewarding endeavour!
Volunteer Positions – CATP Museum
- General repair duties, painting, light construction, minor plumbing, minor electrical work
Aircraft and/or vehicle restoration
- Restoration and/or upkeep of vintage (WWII era) aircraft and vehicles
- Cleaning/dusting aircraft & vehicles
- Ticket sales
- Event support
Gift Shop / Front Desk (admissions)
- Admission and souvenir sales
- Assist in the recording and maintenance of items donated to the museum
- Assist in the collecting and collating of data and information concerning the lives of woman, particularly in Canada, during the Second World War
- General library duties including loaning of materials, distribution and return
- Birthday parties
- Canteen rental
- Work with the education team to develop, produce, disseminate and provide educational resources and instruction to students K – 12 to adult.
Visual Display Technician
- Assist in the design and production of displays, update and maintain displays, research for accurate historical information and production of information cards for displays
- Guide, supervise and provide information to tour groups
- Develop and distribute materials, plan and coordinate recruiting events and volunteer fairs
Time commitments can vary from a few hours per week/month depending on the time of year and ongoing activity at the museum. Winter months tend be slower and less demanding, June through September is our busier period.
If you have questions, please contact us: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: (204) 727-2444